Thursday, December 2, 2010

Conformity?

I remember when I first started playing EVE I was shown the census, a list of data compiled throughout the year to show statistics on things such as most popular ship, system and so on.
When I read this it was listed that the number one most flown ship was a Drake, combat wise of course.

Now I know the Drake has a reputation as the best PvE Battle Cruiser and is formidable even in PvP but the thought of using such a cheap ship in null sec never really crossed my mind..

At least until I lost all my ships in an assault by the NC which left me with no money and no ships and the only choice I had was to buy a cheap ship, a Drake, and I sat down to figure out how best to get this ship to solo Havens and Sanctums.

Surprisingly the result came easier then I hoped, by simply putting an afterburner on it, it could reach enough speed to avoid most of the battleships hits entirely while still maintaining enough shield to tank if things got messy and enough firepower to kill them... very VERY slowly.

But all money is good money in EVE and every ISK brings me closer to my Chimera so I continue to plod along.





Me and an Alliance mate running a Sanctum.

No comments:

Post a Comment