Sunday, November 7, 2010

A sight to behold... For those who were there...

I am quite sorry to say I missed the biggest battle in the history of the drone lands from a writers point of view, but as that of a gamer I am quite glad I missed it...

The fight over our station beat Jita's record with a staggering 3500 pilots including 4 Titans! Though they were only there as a show of power. I regret to inform you that we lost. Though we haven't given up and we continue to halt the advance of NC as they try their luck at taking us down.

Though the battles may be epic the losses are crippling and the threat of our transports to high sec being intercepted is a massive worry as with everything in eve war cost money... lots and lots of money.

With my freighter training completed I decided to start training up tech 2 modules in area's i'd overlooked or deemed less important then upgrading ships and now that those skills are nearing an end i looked once more into the pool of things to train for...

After a good 2 hours on EFT (Eve Fitting Tool) I stumbled across my old pipe dream the legendary pirate ship the Rattlesnake, with a base shield of almost 13,000 and the drone capabilities a pure Gallente ship would have problems matching, I drooled over the numbers as they flew up with each module i fit.

The numbers (with my current skills) were amazing, over 1000 tank and 600 dps, with this kind of firepower i could easily solo sanctums and havens and rake in more money then i'd ever seen before!
Of course to every upside there is a downside, and for the Rattlesnake it's the cost, 500 million for the hull alone is a fair bit of money, and there is also the issue of moving said 500 million ISK ship through over 20 jumps of low sec and null sec...
Unless we use a carrier...
Which we will.

In other news our Corp has split into 3 corps, 1 for null sec life, 1 for the people not yet ready for null sec life and 1 for high sec war decs, 2 of my characters live in null sec and today the third joined the war dec corp having finished his training for a Wolf (Minmatar Assault Frigate) and the specs on that little bastard are beastly for pvp! Almost wolf like...

Specs (With min SP)(With Max SP)
Sig Radius: 33m/33m
Max Speed: 709mps/861 mps (with T1 AB)
Cap: Stable at 70%/90%
Dps: 139/232
EHP: 8732/9745

Very cheap and in my eyes a fun future to look forward to!




No comments:

Post a Comment