Monday, October 11, 2010

No ones favorite past time.

Me: Losing hundreds of millions of isk is no ones favorite past time.
Tom: Making hundreds of millions of isk is mine.

~Me and Tom on PvP~

With my return to EVE the corps numbers have been rising steadily and casual roams in battle cruisers and battle ships soon followed as the number of capable and willing pilots rose, though still small in number the quality of "lols" from the fights has increased as losing your ship to a gang by yourself sucks it loses it's edge when your with friends who make it worth while.

The original intension of this blog was as a journal other people could read to know how my crazy idea's to make huge amounts of isk were going, and so that they in turn try their luck at it, with that being said i must admit i did buy a plex recently, boosting my fortunes to a reasonable 750 million isk which was a joyride to blow on everything from a Megathron that lasted a full hour (i wish i was kidding) before getting blown up, to a Dominix i lost to rats in high sec... to ships that still sit ready in my hangar like my Covert Ops wormhole hunter. All that money has to go somewhere though so with the isk to back it, my training queue turned once again to trading, the business opportunities with such a large sum can only result in profit out of this world... or the most upsetting suicide gank in the history of eve.

You probably guessed by now i'm planning on flying a Charon, which in my opinion is the best freighter.

For those of you interested in the PvP side of my blog, this part should sate your thirst.
750 million isk means i didn't need to mine or trade for a while because i couldn't fly anything i could afford, so that meant hours fitting ships for PvP and testing them on anyone brave enough to fly into range.

My new favorite battle cruiser is now the Myrmidon, after several tests against various ships from a blackbird to a drake to a scorpion, i discovered a wicked tank that even the toughest ship would have problems with, unfortunately my luck in PvP has been a consistent low having lost all my Myrms to ganks, though with the tank they had problems with anything less then a BS + BC or 3 BC's (Post a comment and I'll link the fit i used if your interested, it's better then a drake... at least for me)

After our last roam through low sec, myself flying a Myrm of course, and getting ganked by 3 bc's and a jaguar one of our older pilots mentioned moving his Carrier to the low sec we use for our roams, my mind drifted at this point to how funny it would be in a fight with a few BC's and having a carrier jump in on them.

And finally we recently discovered a Wormhole next to one of our home systems that i have moved my alt into, back to the 10 million an hour afk mining i suppose...


1 comment:

  1. Glad I found your blog through the blog pack. Yes, I'd love to see the Myrm fit you use.

    ReplyDelete